I love how I trip up on these things. Its like when you go to Wikipedia, start at Walt Disney and end up at Quantum Physics. Ah, the internet, its a beautiful thing!
My path to finding this information is funny, but useless for those of you who continue on so the normally verbose me will pass that part of the story and get to the meat of the story. Who knew you could breastfeed an adopted baby?!?!?! I tumbled on this Dr. Newman article. Being adopted, I had to read on. What a brilliant and beautiful gift beyond the initial adoption that the adopted mother is giving her child. what dedication, what love.....
Now here is where the new found LACTIVIST* in me comes out.....well, what are the feelings on this in the adoption agency world - do they advocate it? do they educate their potential adoptive mothers about this? I wonder if adoptive mothers even realize that they can breastfeed, or do they just never even think that's a possibility and just run with the formula? hmmm.....do I feel a new crusade coming on? damnit, I wish it wasn't NYE, I'd call the adoption agency I came from and ask.
LACTIVIST - someone who positively promotes the beautiful act of breastfeeding, but does not look down on those who have tried unsuccessfully, or where breastfeeding detracts from the mother-child bond
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
BF-ing an adopted baby
Posted by Erin at 10:56 AM
Labels: adoption, breastfeeding
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment